What We Offer /
The Google Workspace for Education paid editions add additional functionality to Google Workspace for Education Fundamentals, including:
• Enhanced security controls
• More data and insights
• Advanced video meeting capabilities
• Powerful search
• Originality analysis
Add enhanced capabilities with these editions:
Education Standard provides a more secure learning environment with proactive security and analytics tools. This edition builds on the capabilities of Education Fundamentals.
- Prevent, detect, and remediate threats with the Security Center–including the dashboards, health page, and investigation tool
- Manage devices and apps centrally to perform audits and enforce rules
- Gain more insights with Gmail log and Classroom log export for analysis in BigQuery
- Track usage across your domain with audit logs for Drive, devices, LDAP, and more
Same storage as Education Fundamentals.
Teaching and Learning Upgrade
The Teaching and Learning Upgrade enhances educators’ instructional impact with expanded video communication, enriched class experiences, and integrated tools for classroom efficiency. This edition builds on the capabilities of Education Fundamentals or Education Standard.
- Connect with up to 250 participants or live stream with up to 10,000 viewers with Google Meet
- Live stream meetings to even larger audiences with YouTube
- Engage students with breakout rooms, attendance tracking, interactive Q&As, polls, live-translated captions, automatic transcriptions, and recordings
- Integrate your favorite third-party tools using Classroom add-ons
- Transform new and existing teaching content into interactive assignments using practice sets in Classroom
- Get unlimited originality reports and scan a private repository of student classwork
Same storage as Education Fundamentals, plus 100 GB added to the shared pool for each license
Education Plus is the most powerful Google Workspace for Education edition. It includes all the enhanced security and analytics features and premium teaching and learning tools from Education Standard and the Teaching and Learning Upgrade – and more.
- Connect with up to 500 participants or live stream with up to 100,000 viewers with Google Meet
- Reinforce concepts with writing and analysis assistance in Docs and Sheets
- Manage classes at scale by syncing Classroom rosters with your SIS
- Build custom apps with AppSheet Core—no coding required
- Make information more accessible and easy to find with your own Cloud Search
- Get priority support from a team of education specialists
Same storage as Education Fundamentals, plus 20 GB added to the shared pool for each license
Google Workspace for Education Fundamentals is free for all qualified institutions. Education Standard, the Teaching and Learning Upgrade, and Education Plus are paid editions.
To compare specific features included in each of the Google Workspace for Education editions, please visit the comparison chart.
All editions provide schools with 100TB of storage shared across the institution. Additional storage is provided with the Teaching and Learning Upgrade and Education Plus editions based on the number of licenses purchased. Please review the comparison chart for more details.
It depends and varies based on the intended combination of editions.
You must have an Education Fundamentals edition to upgrade to any of the other editions (Education Standard, the Teaching and Learning Upgrade, or Education Plus).
You cannot have Education Plus in combination with Education Standard or the Teaching and Learning Update — only Education Fundamentals.
You can have a combination of Education Standard and the Teaching and Learning Upgrade at the same time. Although we believe the maximum value of those combined editions can be realized in Education Plus, we wanted to be as flexible as possible to school community needs.
All paid Google Workspace for Education editions are annual subscriptions, and pricing is locked for the duration of the subscription term.
Customers can add Education Standard at any time (and vice versa) and to Education Plus.
Customers can reevaluate continuing with their subscription or downgrade at the end of their subscription term.
Yes, all customers who have purchased G Suite Enterprise for Education will receive new features and functionality that are released to the new Google Workspace for Education editions.
Yes, contact us to start a free 60-day trial of Education Plus.